All UCSB Mechanical Engineering seniors gain hands-on experience via the ME Capstone Project (ME189). Sample projects from recent years include:
- Microfluidic interface bonding tool
- Human-powered concrete mixer sponsored by Engineers Without Borders
- Autonomous data-collection oceanographic research vessel
- Hydrocephalus shunt protection device sponsored by Medtronic
- Helmet-mounted thermal imager with wifi stream for firefighters sponsored by FLIR
- Magnetic tweetzers with oscillating field strength
Students work in teams under the direction of a faculty advisor to tackle an engineering design project. Engineering communication, such as reports and oral presentations are covered. We emphasize practical, hands-on experience, and integrate analytical and design skills acquired in companion senior-level core courses.
If you would like to sponsor a project, or would like to check what our students have created this year please visit our UCSB Engineering Capstone website!
For more information, please contact:
Tyler Susko, Capstone Instructor, Lecturer PSOE: email@example.com
Thank you to our 2021-2022 Capstone Sponsors: