Our alumni and friends provide essential support for teaching programs and research enterprise. Mechanical Engineering and all departments of the College of Engineering benefit greatly from annual unrestricted support as well as major gifts designated for special purposes. Your generosity plays a critical role in our ability to fulfill our mission and is truly appreciated.
Your generous gift will:
- Create top-notch learning programs for undergraduates.
- Support the best and brightest graduate students in their pursuit of a Ph.D. degree.
- Bring distinguished lecturers to campus to the benefit of both faculty and students.
- Outfit and equip laboratories where faculty and students of all levels can interact.
- Facilitate cutting edge research efforts that move both technology and engineering forward.
- Attract and hire the most competitively recruited engineers at every stage of their careers.
ME Endowment for Undergraduate Design Projects and Laboratories
We are committed to raising an endowment to support on a yearly basis our comprehensive hands-on design curriculum. Undergraduate students will benefit from recurrent support for high-quality laboratories and financial support for capstone design projects.
Unrestricted Support for the ME General Fund
Because unrestricted gifts are flexible funding, they are of greatest use to the College and our Departments. Unrestricted funds support the highest priority needs as established by the department chair. They allow us to seize new opportunities that emerge, as well as support the existing outstanding students, faculty, programs and research.
Graduate fellowship support is a high priority of the College’s departments as it enables us to compete with the best universities in the nation to attract top scholars. The strength of our college and departments is directly linked to financial support of our efforts to recruit and retain the very best scholars. The future endeavors of UCSB Engineering graduates will have a profound impact on society.
- Named Endowed Fellowship: A gift of $200,000 or more establishes a permanent named fellowship.
- Named Quarter Fellowship: A gift of $10,000 will fully support a graduate student for one-quarter of their career. This type of fellowship is extremely helpful for graduate students as it allows them to take a quarter off from teaching and focus solely on their research and dissertation.
- Named Full-Year Fellowship: A gift of $50,000 or more fully supports a graduate student for one-year of their career.
- Named Fellowship Award: A gift of $5,000 or more establishes a one-year named award which allows the Department to offer supplemental incentive (top-off) support for the recruitment or retention of an outstanding graduate student.
For higher-impact and/or diverse gift opportunities, please contact Steve Ramirez, Lead Director of Development for Engineering, at email@example.com or call (805) 893-4579.
How to Give
Please contact Steve Ramirez, Lead Director of Development for Engineering, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805) 893-4579, if you have any questions or requests about giving.
Unrestricted gifts to the department can be made by credit card through our online giving form. Please select “Mechanical Engineering” from the drop-down menu.
To make a gift by mail (via check or credit card) or to designate your gift to a specific purpose, please fill out the downloadable form and return to:
Engineering and the Sciences Development
UC Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-6035
You may also make a credit card gift by phone. Please call Steve Ramirez (805) 893-4579.
Many employers sponsor corporate matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions that their employees or spouses make. Matching gift programs can double or possibly triple your donation. Please obtain your company’s matching gift form and return it with your contribution.
Wire Transfers or Securities (Stock)
For information about making a contribution via wire transfer or gifts of securities, please contact Steve Ramirez (805) 893-4579.
Planned Giving/Estate Gifts
For information about making a gift through planned giving vehicles such as charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, gift annuities, bequests, or other vehicles please visit UC Santa Barbara’s Planned Giving website.