Upper-division undergraduates have opportunities to work in a research environment with faculty members who are conducting current research in the various fields of mechanical engineering.
- Bioengineering and Systems Biology
- Computational Science and Engineering
- Dynamic Systems, Control, and Robotics
- Fluid Mechanics/ Thermal Sciences
- Micro/Nano Technology
- Solid Mechanics, Materials, and Structures
Students interested in pursuing undergraduate research projects should contact individual faculty members during office hours or by appointment. For more information about how to gain research experience as an undergraduate, visit the UCSB Undergraduate Research Office website.
Additionally, all seniors will gain hands-on experience via the ME Capstone Project (ME189). Sample projects include Portable Incubator, Wireless Connectivity Extension System, and Ergonomic Retail Ice Cream Scoop. For more information, contact Professor Steve Laguette.